New York Defective Products Lawyers
Personal Injury Legal Help in Albany Since 1950
Any product, from simple household items to complex machinery, may contain design defects that can injure or even kill users. Some products can also become defective and injure users through normal use. Toys, tools, appliances — almost anything can either be designed with a defect built in or be defective because of a manufacturing flaw.
At Friedman, Hirschen & Miller, LLP, we advise clients to retain the defective product if there is a possibility of a claim. This will preserve evidence of the defect and make your case stronger.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, contact our product liability lawyers to find out how we can help.
Which Dangerous Product Cases Do We Handle?
The injuries caused by defective products are as varied as the products themselves. To learn more about the different types of product liability cases we handle, follow the links below:
- Dangerous food products
- Pharmaceutical product liability
- Industrial machinery product liability
- Lack of warning/inadequate product warnings
- Failure to guard/improper guarding
- Injuries from development of mold
Recent Cases Illustrate Our Effectiveness in Handling Product Liability Cases
The following cases demonstrate our ability to litigate complex product liability cases and to obtain high-value compensation for our clients:
- Our client caught her thumb in a wheelchair lift and developed reflex sympathetic dystrophy, which resulted in loss of use of her entire arm. We won a $6.75 million jury award against the installer and manufacturer of the wheelchair lift.
- Our client suffered a crushed hand and fingers when a heavy door closed improperly. We settled the case against the manufacturer for $1.5 million.
- Our client suffered a crushed pelvis and leg when he fell from an allegedly defective platform while working to widen a road. We settled the case in mediation for $3.5 million.
Though we have won numerous seven-figure awards, we are happy to take on cases with smaller injuries and results. For more information, please contact our firm.
We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we collect an attorney's fee only if we recover damages for you. We also offer free consultations, so there is nothing to lose by talking with an experienced lawyer about your accident. There is a lot to lose by doing nothing.
Contact a product liability attorney at Friedman, Hirschen & Miller, LLP, and learn more about how we can help you down the path to recovery. We are in the Great Oaks Office Park at the end of the Northway. Call us at 518-631-4136 or 888-432-8814.